Frequently Asked Questions
Am I able to rent event spaces on campus for meetings, weddings, etc.?
Use of Stetson University Deland Campus Facilities by external organizations or businesses may be allowed upon availability for not-for-profit organizations that have an educational mission.
Due to the high volume of university events and activities and the limited availability of our facilities and rooms, room reservations/rentals for personal events (such as weddings, anniversary/birthday parties, etc.) are only made available to our internal Stetson groups as a courtesy to them - if and when a room is available. This would include Stetson students, staff, faculty and alumni for their own personal events, and those of their immediate families.
For rental inquiries, contact Amy Ammon at email@example.com
Are there designated parking areas for events?
There are parking areas throughout the DeLand Campus and the surrounding area. It's recommended that you arrive early to allow time to locate parking and walk to the event location. Disabled parking is included in most parking areas on campus. There is no charge to park anywhere on campus.
» Note: Due to the continued growth of our DeLand Campus, you may wish to be aware of and take into consideration current construction plans.
What's the proper attire for university events?
Standard attire for most events at Stetson University is business professional, unless otherwise stated on the invitation. Use the following as a guide for determining how you should dress for an event:
- Business Casual- Trousers and a sport coat or dressy pants
- Cocktail Attire - Dark suits or short, elegant dresses
- Business Attire - Business suits (tailored pantsuit or skirted), dress shirts, and ties
- Semi-formal - Daytime semi-formal events calls for a suit or an appropriate short dress or dressy suit. An evening event (after 6 p.m.) dictates dark suits or a cocktail dress.
- Black Tie Optional - Option of wearing a tuxedo or formal dress.
- Black Tie - Tuxedos, cocktail dresses, long formal dresses or evening separates