Religious & Irreligious Student Organizations
For more information about Stetson University's religious and irreligious organizations, please log on to HatterSync!
Baptist Collegiate Fellowship (BCF)
BCF is a student faith community. We shape our personal lives and life together around loving God and loving people. We believe that the God we meet in Jesus invites us to do this through serving the campus and the world, gathering together to study and celebrate, growing together in a sense of belonging, and sharing our faith in conversation and lifestyle. As followers of Jesus, we understand that living life and having faith is a journey. We welcome anyone, from anywhere, to join us as friends, share common concerns, achieve academic goals and face social challenges together. The way of Jesus is the way of community. Our sincere hope is that BCF becomes that community for you.
- Advisor/Director: Rachel Jeyaseelan (email@example.com) 386-822-8940
- Student leader: Rob Pruette (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other officer name: Breanna Howell (email@example.com)
- Meeting time/location: Thursday nights at 7 p.m.; Allen Hall. A free dinner is served at 7 p.m., followed by a small worship service
- More information: Service project opportunities are available, and a spring break mission trip occurs every year. Contact Rachel Jeyaseelan for details.
Catholic Campus Ministry (CCM)
The Catholic Campus Ministry has small groups for girls and guys as well as a Bible study. Join us for free food at every meeting and share in the fellowship and spiritual growth of the CCM community!
- Advisor: Ann Fick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student leader: Shelby Varner (email@example.com)
- Other officer name: Dorothy Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting time/location: Tuesday nights at 8 p.m.; Allen Hall
- More info: Mass is held in Allen Hall at 7:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month; Rosary Group is held on the second and fourth Tuesdays; praise and worship is held on the first Tuesday.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
"The heart and soul in sports;" to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes, to present to coaches and athletes, and all whom they influence, the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, serving him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church. Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and his word through integrity, serving, teamwork and excellence.
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (InterVarsity)
InterVarsity is a movement and community committed to following Jesus and loving others as He loves us.
Hillel provides Jewish cultural and religious experiences to the campus community. Everyone is welcome!
Muslim Student Association (MSA)
An organization that celebrates the Islamic faith in all of its aspects, and continues to spread knowledge and tolerance to all Muslims and their allies.
Using a round table discussion method, we seek to improve each other's faith by building a community through conversation and conviction. We'll also hold worship, small groups and debates on occasion.
Stetson Association of Secular Students (SASS)
SASS is an organization open to all students but geared toward serving students who identify as atheist, agnostic or irreligious. SASS gatherings generally entail the discussion of a topic or the viewing of videos, followed by a discussion.
SHIELD is a faith-based organization founded on the Apostolic Pentecostal faith and doctrinal truths found in Acts 2:38. Students can expect fellowship with friends and in the presence of God. They'll get to take part in Biblically-based teachings, and learn how to exercise their faith to the best of their abilities.
Wesley House (United Methodist)
The Wesley House is the United Methodist campus ministry serving the Stetson University community. We offer a leadership and residency program, weekly worship and small group opportunities, missions, free dinners, and a fun place to hang out with friends.
- Advisor/Director: Cindy Guiles (email@example.com) 386-734-4564
- Student leader: Dylan Stearns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Other officer name: Katelynn Coleman (email@example.com)
- Meeting time/location: Sunday evenings at 8 p.m.; Wesley House
- More info: Tuesday Lunch Crunch at 11:30 a.m.; free dinner on Wednesday evenings at 5 p.m.