Appointments are highly suggested, but are not required. Walk-in assistance is available. The Counseling Center strives to assist students in a timely fashion and aims to not have a waiting list.
Quick facts about appointments:
- Available to currently-enrolled Stetson students at no cost
- Made on a first-come, first-served basis
- Typically last between 45 and 50 minutes, and are usually scheduled to begin on the hour
- No limit to the amount of sessions you may attend
- Confidentiality is maintained
- Counseling records are not part of a student's academic record
- May be canceled/rescheduled by the Counseling Center to accommodate emergencies, closures, etc.
Making an Appointment
Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Doing so will allow us to ensure you are seen on time.*
*Please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time for your very first session.
In order to be respectful of your counselor's time, please call the Counseling Center if you are going to be more than 5 minutes late. Your session will still end at the scheduled time.
Cancellation of an Appointment
If you will be unable to attend your appointment, please call to cancel or reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance, or as early as possible. Appointments are in high demand and your consideration of calling early will give another student the possibility to be seen in a timely manner.
"No Show" for Recurring Appointment
An individual who has not cancelled/rescheduled their appointment and did not attend their appointment is considered a "no show." If you "no show" for two consecutive recurring sessions, your recurring appointments will be cancelled and you will have to call to schedule a new appointment time.