Lynn Schoenberg, Ed.S., NCC
Executive Director of Holistic Wellness and Counselor
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (FL IMH6941)
Lynn earned her M.Ed. and Ed.S. degrees from the University of Florida, where she concentrated her work in prevention with college students. She is committed to a wellness philosophy in her counseling work and in her own life. "College students are at such an amazing developmental time in their lives and I feel privileged to process that with them."
Supervisor: Nancy Jacobsen, M.A., LMFT, QCS MHC, MFT (FL MT997)
Jessica Szymczyk, M.A., LMHC, QCS MHC, MFT
Clinical Supervisor and Counselor
Licensed Mental Health Counselor; Qualified Clinical Supervisor MHC and MFT (FL MH8346)
Jessica has a B.A. in psychology from Immaculata University in Pennsylvania and earned her M.A. in mental health counseling from Rollins College in 2002. Jessica has worked in the juvenile justice system, the private school environment, private practice and the public health system. Recently she has specialized in the HIV/AIDS community serving on various community advisory committees alongside her clinical work. As a qualified clinical supervisor, Jessica is committed to the development and nurturing of the future generation of clinicians and actively promotes the field of mental health in the community. "I don’t really think of myself as a 'counselor'–I feel more like a coach. I am not an expert on your life, you are. I take the skills and talents you have and help you use them to your greatest potential."
Jody Magras, M.A., LMHC, QCS MHC
Outreach Coordinator and Counselor
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, QCS MHC (FL MH10908)
Jody completed both his undergraduate and graduate studies at Rollins College. He is originally from the Virgin Islands, so he really loves going to the beach or the local springs. "I love the counseling exploration process in which individuals are able to learn more about themselves, become more self-aware and begin making healthier decisions."
Rachel Boldman, M.S., LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (FL MH11607)
Rachel holds a bachelor of arts degree in communication studies (with a minor in music) and a master of science degree in clinical mental health counseling, both from Stetson University. She has experience in college admissions and child welfare, in addition to her diverse experiences in mental health counseling. She was most recently a therapist at a behavioral hospital working with children and families of all ages and stages of life. "We all have the power to work through the obstacles in our lives... sometimes we just need a little guidance."
Rebecca (Becky) Stone, M.A.
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern (FL IMH10247)
Becky is a first-generation college student. She earned her bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the University of Central Florida and her master of arts in mental health counseling from Rollins College. One of her passions is helping students to identify their own roadblocks while supporting them in finding ways through those roadblocks. "College is often challenging -- academically, socially and personally, but it can also be an incredibly rewarding and life-changing time. I hope to provide support to students who are experiencing challenges, seeking personal growth and anything in between."
Supervisor: Jessica Szymczyk, M.A., LMHC, QCS MHC, MFT (FL MH8346)
Aura Tello, B.A.
Graduate Intern, Stetson University
Aura earned her bachelor of arts degrees in psychology and education from Hunter College in New York. She is currently pursuing her master of science degree in marriage, couple and family counseling at Stetson University. She is completing her clinical counseling hours at the Counseling Center as part of her degree program.
Supervisor: Jody Magras, LMHC, QCS MHC (FL MH10908)
Administrative Specialist III
Nicole has an associate of science degree in diagnostic medical sonography and is also a licensed massage therapist and works out of a local doctor's office. Through her work with medical offices, she has gained experience working with patients, confidential records and medical terminology. Nicole strives to provide a welcoming, calm, supportive and caring environment to all who call or enter the Counseling Center. She also serves as the administrative specialist for Wellness and Recreation. "I truly enjoy being a part of the Counseling Center team and being of assistance to our students along their journey here."
- B.A. or B.S. - Indicates an individual holds a bachelor of arts (B.A.) or bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in a counseling or closely related field.
- Ed.S. - Indicates an individual holds an Education Specialist, post-master's degree, in counseling as well as post-secondary education leadership.
- Graduate Intern - A graduate-level student who is completing their clinical requirements to obtain a master's degree or higher in a counseling or closely related field.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) - A clinician who holds a master's degree or higher and has met and continues to maintain full licensure in the State of Florida.
- M.A. or M.S. - Indicates an individual holds a master of arts (M.A.) or master of science (M.S.) degree in a counseling or closely related field.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) - An elective designation which indicates that a clinician has met national standards set forth by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Qualified Supervisor - An experienced clinician who has met the criteria in order to clinically supervise registered interns or graduate level interns in the area indicated in the State of Florida.
- Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern - A clinician who holds a master's degree or higher and is working toward full licensure as an L.M.H.C. in the State of Florida.