Make an Appointment
Appointments are highly suggested, but are not required. Walk-in assistance is available. The Counseling Center strives to assist students in a timely fashion and avoids having a waiting list.
Some quick facts:
- Appointments are available to currently-enrolled students at no cost.
- Appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Appointments typically last between 45 and 50 minutes, and are usually scheduled to begin on the hour.
- There is no limit to the amount of sessions you may attend.
- Confidentiality is maintained.
- Counseling records are not part of your academic record.
- Appointments may be canceled and/or rescheduled by the Counseling Center to accommodate emergencies, closures, etc.
Please arrive at least five minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Doing so will allow us to ensure you are seen on time. If this is your first session, please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.*
In order to be respectful of your counselor's time, please call the Counseling Center if you are going to be more than five minutes late. Your session will still end at the scheduled time.
If you will be unable to attend your appointment, please call to cancel or reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance, or as early as possible. Appointments are in high demand; calling early will give someone else the possibility to be seen in a timely manner.
"No Show" for a Recurring Appointment
If you haven't cancelled and/or rescheduled your appointment and did not attend your appointment, this is considered a "no show." If you "no show" for two consecutive recurring sessions, your recurring appointments will be cancelled and you will have to call to schedule a new appointment time.