Make an Appointment
Appointments are highly suggested, but aren't required. Walk-in assistance is available. The Counseling Center strives to assist students in a timely fashion and avoids having a waiting list.
Some quick facts:
- Appointments are available at no cost to students who are currently enrolled at Stetson University.
- Appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Appointments typically last between 45 and 50 minutes, and are usually scheduled to begin on the hour.
- There is no limit to the amount of sessions you may attend.
- Confidentiality is maintained.
- Counseling records are not part of your academic record.
- Appointments may be canceled and/or rescheduled by the Counseling Center to accommodate emergencies, closures, etc.
Please arrive at least five minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Doing so will allow us to ensure you are seen on time. If this is your first session, please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
In order to be respectful of your counselor's time, please call the Counseling Center if you're going to be more than five minutes late. Your session will still end at the scheduled time.
If you're unable to attend your appointment, please call to cancel or reschedule your appointment 24 hours in advance, or as early as possible. Appointments are in high demand; calling early will give someone else the chance to be seen in a timely manner.
"No Show" for a Recurring Appointment
An individual who hasn't canceled/rescheduled their appointment and didn't attend their appointment is considered a "no show." If an individual is more than 15 minutes late without calling, the individual will be marked as a "no show." If you're marked as a "no show" for two consecutive recurring sessions, your recurring appointments will be cancelled and you'll have to call to schedule a new appointment time.