GRE Prep Course
You are ready for graduate school. Let us help you take the next step to an advanced degree. The GRE test prep course from Stetson University will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your performance on the Graduate Record Examination. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
What Does the GRE Test Prep Course Offer?
- Expert instructors: Our experienced instructors are here for you; they understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven strategies: Our GRE program was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior materials: The GRE Prep Course includes: The OFFICIAL GUIDE to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd Edition, the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider. You also receive the GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete computer-based GRE practice exam.
- Convenient schedule options: Classroom test prep programs are conveniently held on the main campus of Stetson University in DeLand, Florida. Our Live Online class offers you the opportunity to take the class from anywhere at any time.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Who Should Take the GRE Test Prep Course?
The Stetson University GRE Test Prep course is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, current undergraduate students and recent graduates seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include education, medicine, social work, public administration and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE.
Quantitative Test Topics
- Picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test Topics
- Solving problems when you do not know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed
Register for any of the dates by using the links below
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 21, 2017
- Jan. 31 - Feb. 26, 2018
- Feb. 1 - Feb. 27, 2018
- March 14 - April 9, 2018
- April 18 - May 14, 2018
- June 4 - June 27, 2018
- June 5 - June 28, 2018
- June 18 - July 18, 2018
- July 16 - Aug. 8, 2018
- July 17 - Aug. 9, 2018
- Sept. 12 - Oct. 8, 2018
- Sept. 13 - Oct. 9, 2018
- Sept. 25 - Oct. 18, 2018
- Oct. 23 - Nov. 15, 2018
- Nov. 27 - Dec. 20, 2018
GRE Live Online
Nov. 28 - Dec. 21
Tuesdays & Thursdays
7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Cost: $749 per person*
*Cost includes textbook and materials.
You may also register for this program by using the embedded links at the end of the page or contacting the Office of Continuing Education and Outreach at 386-822-7500, email@example.com