GRE® Test Prep Course
You are ready for graduate school. Let us help you take the first step to an advanced degree. The GRE Test Prep course from Stetson University will give you the skills and confidence you need to maximize your performance on the GRE. Sharpen your skills on actual GRE exam questions and follow our proven study plan on your way to success.
Stetson University Test Prep is here to help you learn about GRE revised General Test and give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. Our comprehensive program covers each of the three main sections of the GRE revised General exam - Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. We will walk you through each section and prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE.
Who should take the Stetson University GRE Test Prep class?
The Stetson University GRE Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates, and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE include: Education, medicine, social work, public administration, and business. Many MBA programs now accept the GRE.
What does the GRE Test Prep class include?
Stetson University GRE Prep course offer:
- Expert instruction
- A proven format
- All required course materials
- Access to diagnostic exams in one convenient, affordable package
Our highly trained instructors are here for you. Our experienced instructors understand the GRE and care about helping you achieve your goals.
Our GRE program was developed by test prep experts, who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
The GMAT Test Prep class includes:
- The OFFICIAL GUIDE to the GRE revised General Test, 2nd Edition – the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE provider.
- The GRE Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete computer-based GRE practice exam.
Convenient Scheduling Options
Classroom Test Prep programs are conveniently held on the campus of Stetson University in DeLand, Fla. Live, online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.
Quantitative Test Topics Include:
- picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test Topics Include:
- solving problems when you don't know the vocabulary
- answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving "Multiple Right Answer" questions
- utilizing the process of elimination
- mastering time management skills
- minimizing test anxiety
- identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
Dates, Times and Course Fees
March 24 - April 16, 2015
- Days / Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Cost: $795 per person
- Register Online (Coming Soon), in person at Flagler Hall 101, or call (386) 822-7500
About Our Program
Stetson University's Test Prep program is a partner with Educational Testing Consultants, a leader in higher education test preparation. Each year, Educational Testing Consultants helps hundreds of students at major colleges and universities across the United States. Educational Testing Consultants provides a proven program with a record of success and highly-trained, top-quality instructors.
"...Upon taking the class, doing the work, and using the techniques provided in the class my score went up 100 points on the verbal and 50 points on the quantitative areas. This class was concise, educational, and very beneficial."
"I truly don't think I would have passed the exam without your class. You were very supportive and provided many insightful tips for strategies on taking the exam. I am extremely satisfied with my results and I know the course was worth every penny."