The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (M.C.I.T.P.) Certificate Program is for individuals who seek the comprehensive set of skills necessary to perform a particular job role, such as database administrator or enterprise messaging administrator.
Call 386-822-7500 for our next scheduled start date. Classes will be held in the evening.
Courses in the Microsoft Certified IT Professional Certificate Program
Although the Networking Essentials course is not required for an M.C.I.T.P. certification, we begin our program with this course as a means to ensure all our students come up to about the same course entry level in terms of networking skills.
- Introduction to the basic concepts and principles that underlie computer networking, from the simplest peer-to-peer local area networks to the vastly complex wide area networks that reach across international boundaries and around the world.
- Conduct an overview of networking terminology
- Examine different network architectures
- Focus on the physical components of computer networks, including server and client computers, and cabling and connectors
The program also includes network connectivity, the nuts and bolts of designing and rolling out a complete network, and a review of environmental factors that affect networks, as well as administering, upgrading, troubleshooting and relocating networks.
Windows 7, Configuring (Exam 70-680)
Participants should be able to install, deploy and upgrade to Windows 7, including ensuring hardware and software compatibility. Additionally, candidates should be able to configure pre-installation and post-installation system settings, Windows security features, network connectivity applications included with Windows 7 and mobile computing. Candidates should also be able to maintain systems, including monitoring for and resolving performance and reliability issues.
Participants should have a basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax.
Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring (Exam 70-640)
- Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory
- Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure
- Configuring additional Active Directory server roles
- Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects
- Maintaining the Active Directory environment
- Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services.
Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator (Exam 70-647)
- Planning network and application services
- Designing core identity and access management components
- Designing support identity and access management components
- Designing for business continuity and data availability.
Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring (Exam 70-642)
- Configuring IP Addressing and Services
- Configuring Name Resolution
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring File and Print Services
- Monitoring and Managing a Network Infrastructure
Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring (Exam 70-643)
- Deploying Servers
- Configuring Terminal Services
- Configuring a Web Services Infrastructure
- Configuring Network Application Services
We invite you to visit the Microsoft website for more information on this certification and the courses we include in our program.
Note: This is not a test prep course. Our experience has shown that students in the "test prep mode" are only interested in passing the exam, not truly understanding the material. However, the course does provide an excellent foundation for earning the M.C.I.T.P. certification for Enterprise Administration. The course builds technical proficiency which is measured by the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (M.C.T.S.) certification. Therefore, participants can have the very achievable objective of earning one or more M.C.T.S. certifications while on their way to earning an M.C.I.T.P. certification.