Stetson University's summer conferences program provides housing, food, meeting and/or athletic space to a wide variety of camps and conferences during the months of June and July. Each year, this program provides housing and facilities for approximately 30 different conferences and 8,000 guests.
Because of the great impact that this program has for the university, we seek highly motivated and professional student leaders to be employed as summer conference assistants. These "university ambassadors" will learn a variety of skills, including working on team-oriented projects, customer service, time/resource management and leadership. Benefits for this program include salary, housing and meals in the Commons. Positions run from approximately June 2 through July 26, 2014.
All applicants should be:
- Detail oriented
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to handle both compliments and complaints gracefully
- Assertive as well as tactful
- Able to work under pressure
- Positive and understanding (with a sense of humor) amidst hectic situations
- Professional and courteous
- Available to work during day, evening and/or weekend shifts
- Familiar with the campus and its facilities
- Familiar with technology (computers and other electronic equipment)