CaPD Signature Events
Career and Professional Development hosts several events each semester to support the growth of our students. While some of these offerings may change based on student need, we have several programs that are offered every year without fail.
Full details of these events and others can be found on Stetson’s Calendar of Events.
- Internship and Career Expo: Hosted once per semester, this event brings representatives from diverse businesses and organizations to Stetson’s campus. The representatives are able to answer questions, advertise internships and jobs, and network with students, faculty, and alumni.
- Graduate School Recruitment Fair: Hosted each Fall semester, this event provides students with the opportunity to meet representatives from various graduate and professional school programs.
- Internship Showcase: Hosted each Fall semester, this event highlights the past internship experience of Stetson students. Similar to Stetson Showcase, participants present posters about their internships and compete in several academic categories. If you would be interested in acting as a judge for Internship Showcase 2017 please fill out this form.
- Internship Prep Series: Offered at the beginning of each semester, this 5-part series provides students with the information needed to complete a successful internship search. Each session is hosted by the Internship Coordinator and a guest employer and will cover topics from resume writing to networking.
- Life After Graduation: Are you Ready to Adult?: Hosted each Spring semester, this half-day workshop offers seniors tools for transitioning into life after graduation. Topics covered include the first 90 days on the job, filling out HR paperwork, handling finances and workplace social skills.