Program Request Policy
The Office of Career Development and Academic Advising (CDAA) consists of highly knowledgeable career development and academic advising professionals who are equipped to address the career and academic concerns of students. Our mission is to empower students and alumni to achieve personal, academic, and career fulfillment through insightful, professional guidance and progressive programs and services that promote growth, development and values clarification.
CDAA focuses its work on mission-critical objectives that align with its strategic priorities and support the mission and core values of Stetson University. In an effort to provide innovative programs that address the core components of academic advising and career exploration and preparation, the following guidelines are in effect:
- Once a program is requested, a CDAA staff member will follow up with the requestor within two business days to discuss intended learning outcomes and program logistics.
- All programming requests will be considered. Requestors must limit requests to only impactful career and academic advising related topics. Many program topics may require a substantive amount of time based on their complexity and/or the depth of discussion needed to be adequately covered.
- Due to high demand and program development, requests should be made 3-4 weeks in advance of the proposed program date. Efforts will be made if a request is submitted during a shorter time frame, but the request cannot be guaranteed due to staff availability and time constraints.
- Evening/Weekend program requests will be reviewed and given every consideration, but these requests are contingent upon staff availability.
- A minimum of 10 students is required per program if the program occurs in the evening (after 4:30 p.m.) or on a weekend.
- For all program requests not associated with a regularly scheduled class, the CDAA requires an RSVP count to ensure a minimum of 10 students will be in attendance.
- Programs are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
To request a program please complete the Program Request Form.