Job Search Information
Searching for a is a detailed process, and the Office of Career Development is here to help you navigate it. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with a career counselor. For assistance with how to begin your job search, what steps to take and what strategies to use, please read the Job Search Steps and Strategies page. Keep your job search organized with a Job Search Worksheet.
Quick Links and Job Search Resources
|Search for jobs and internships posted specifically for Stetson University students|
|Connects you to thousands of nationwide jobs|
MonsterTrak (password: REERAC)
Jobs posted for college students
|On-campus work study jobs||See the Student Employment Programs website|
Additional Job Search Resources
- Links for Local Employer Research
- Links for Professional Associations
- Stetson University's Annual Career Expo
Job Search Links
- General Job Search Sites and Staffing Companies
- Jobs in Florida
- Aquatic/Marine Life
- Arts/Fine Arts
- Diversity: Job and Career Resources
- Education and Teaching
- Event planning/Hospitality
- Graphic Design/Website Development
- Government/Public Affairs
- Health Care/Mental Health
- Human Resources
- Human Services/Social Services
- International Relations/Affairs
- Law/Legal Support
- Public Relations
- Real Estate
- Religion/Religious Education
- Science (general)
- Sports and Fitness
- Theater/Music/Performing Arts
Search Companies Using Online Databases
The two databases below allow users to identify companies within a certain country, state or city. One can access the library's databases. Next, scroll down the alphabetical list and click on one of the two databases listed below:
- Gale Company and Business Resource Center
- Very good database for obtaining information on almost any public company and many private companies.
- To find major companies within a certain country, state, or city, click on the Advanced Search Tab.
- Change the Content Area to Company Profiles/Products,one can then limit by keyword, SIC or NAICS code, AND limit to a specific country, state, or even city. [SIC and NAICS are codes that allow -industry- searching.]
- LexisNexis Business
- Another very good database for researching companies, industries, or identifying companies within a country, state, or city.
- Click on the Dossier Create a Company List link on the left-hand side bar. The Create Company List tab should be highlighted at the top of the page. Please note that "All Companies" is the default. One has the option to change that with the drop-down menu.
- One can also put in any of the other limits to your search (number of employees, sales revenue amount, etc.).
- Go down to the Search Business Description for line. Type in your key word, such as computer (LexisNexis automatically searches for regular singulars and plurals, so you don't have to use the *, but if you do, that's OK.)
- In the Geographic Information section, LexisNexis allows you more options than Gale. You can limit by county, by zip codes, area codes, and you can search by multiple cities, states, etc.
Please note that LexisNexis usually takes several minutes to complete the search, so please do not get discouraged if results do not immediately appear on the screen. However, we have found that LexisNexis "hangs up" sometimes; for this reason, we first provided the instructions for using Gale Company and Business Resource Center.