Career Development can help! Here's how:
View Career Development Preparing for Graduate School workshop PPT
- Individual consultation and assistance with preparation for graduate and professional school, which may include researching graduate school programs, writing personal statements and navigating the application process.
- Career Development highly recommends that students seek the advice of their faculty advisors and academic departments in the graduate school process.
- Pre-law students are strongly encouraged to attend our Law School Fair, where representatives from various law schools are present to answer questions, give helpful advice, and orient students to the Law School environment. Phi Alpha Delta, the Pre-Law Fratenity is also a great resource.
- Pre-med/pre-health students, see the Biology Department website for more details. Pre-Med students should visit the Health Professions advising site:http://www.stetson.edu/artsci/pre-health/
Stetson's Grants and Fellowship Resources: http://www.stetson.edu/administration/grants/index.php
GRADUATE SCHOOL - HELPFUL LINKS:
The duPont-Ball Library offers excellent Grad School resources http://www2.stetson.edu/library/databases_graduateschool.php
Not sure which grad program you should choose? Click on these recommended links:
- Graduate School Resources (USC)
HELP WITH TEST PREPARATION:
- Stetson's Counseling Center is a testing site for LSAT, GRE, and MAT
- Stetson Office of Continuing Education offers resources for test preparation
- Stetson's duPont Ball's Testing & Education Reference Center provides FREE practice tests.
To reach the Testing and Education Resource Center: Go to the Library's database page:
The library also includes information on:
- financial aid
- individualized FREE practice tests such as the LSAT, GMAT, GRE, MCAT, etc.
- study preparation eBooks for many exams
Need more information on testing sites, how to register, and practice tests?
- GRE: Graduate Record Examination
- GMAT: Graduate Management Admission Test
- LSAT: Law School Admissions Test
- MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test
- MAT: Miller Analogies Test
HELP WITH PERSONAL STATEMENTS:
Each of the websites below offers free advice on personal statements, and also fee-for-service editorial services for all types of grad school programs. Remember that you can set up an appointment with University Career Services to have your personal statement critiqued.
- Do's and Don'ts
- Berkeley U of CA: Graduate School Personal Statement
- GRADUATE SCHOOL ESSAYS: RPI
- Graduate School Personal Statements
For Pre-Law Students:
Go to The Pre-Law section of the University Catalog for more information.
Thinking about Law School? Visit this helpful link:
- American Bar Association To access the Pre-Law student tool kit from this website, click on Career Resources hot button, then ABA Career Counsel, then Pre-Law Toolkit.
- Donhaue & Grolman Take a virtual law school course and ask lawyers questions.
- The Law School Admissions Council You can register for the LSAT online and access lots of other useful information.
- Top Law Schools.ComThis site offers information on every subject of interest to pre-law students. Examples include interviews with law school deans, articles that provide in-depth profiles of law schools, an overiew of all current law school rankings and advice on writing the law school personal statement.
(Thanks to the University of Arizona's pre-law program for these links)