Career links for specific populations including:
- Students/Alumni of Color
- People with Disabilities
Links for Students of Color and Minorities
- INROADS - Non-profit organization that trains and develops talented young people of color for professional careers in business and industry.
- SEO - Sponsors for Educational Opportunity provides internships, mentoring, volunteerism, professional development programs, and related support for the career development of students of color. Opportunities for students of color in a variety of fields including accounting, asset management, corporate law, information technology, investment banking, management consulting, media and philanthropy.
- Black Enterprise.com - Black Enterprise links employers with job seekers through a database for job searches and postings. The BE Executive Recruiter Directory of black-owned firms may be used at any stage in the job search. In addition to featuring the latest news in various industries, this career resource center provides helpful tips on resumes, cover letters, interviews, and negotiating offers.
- The Black Collegian Online - Online version of The Black Collegian magazine. Provides job postings, employer profiles, job search strategies and advice. Also features graduate school opportunities, career and industry reports with a focus on career and self-development for African American collegians.
- Diversity/Careers in Engineering and Information Technology - Diversity/Careers in Engineering and Information Technology and its Minority College Issue provide information on diversity in the workplace, news updates and recent hires, and the latest in technological developments. Visit the website to submit your resume and learn about upcoming career events.
- Hispanic Online.com - info on career searches, education, and current events throughout Latin American and America. Hispanic Surf Career Directory - listing of multiple job and career search engines for Latinos and Hispanics. Web site's Career Center includes company highlights, career advice, and available job opportunities.. Site also provides links to relevant information in fields such as business and finance, education, technology, politics, and arts & entertainment.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute - Sponsors summer internships, a public policy fellowship program, and scholarship awards.Go to www.chciyouth.org for more information.
- Diversity Connection.org - The online career development resource of The Institute for Diversity in Health Management, DiversityConnection.org provides services to link qualified health professionals to each other and to job opportunities across the country connect diverse individuals to leadership and mentoring programs in a variety of healthcare settings serve as a job search database for minority management candidates in healthcare services
- DiversityInc.com - Provides information on diversity in news, media, marketplace, workplace, and communities. The website includes a career center for career advice, a comprehensive resource guide, and visitors can register to receive email updates and the diversity newsletter.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society - a national, nonprofit organization which nurtures building of community by bridging science and technology with traditional Native values. Through its educational programs, AISES provides opportunities for American Indians and Native Alaskans to pursue studies in science, engineering, and technology arenas.
- IMDiversity - a site dedicated to expanding and improving diversity in the workplace. The site features a series of ethno-centric villages (African-American village, Asian-American village, etc.) where visitors can search for jobs, post resumes, and read articles of interest to those with particular cultural backgrounds.
- Black Career Woman.org- A non-profit organization whose web site 'serves as a nucleus of support to identify and address the critical needs of black women in the workforce as it relates to their career mobility and achievement.'
- For Women
- Women's Bureau at the U.S. Department of Labor - promotes profitable employment opportunities for women, to empower them by enhancing their skills and improving their working conditions, and to provide employers with more alternatives to meet their labor needs.
- Feminist.com - Women's Careers and Professional Organizations - a site with a multitude of links to various careers, sites, and information of interest.
- Quintcareers.com - Contains many helpful links to sites devoted to women in the workplace.
- For GLBQT Students/Alumni
- http://glbtworkplace.com/ - Organizational profiles, job search engines, and information about GLBT workplace issues.
- Gayellow Pages - USA & CANADA directory of organizations, businesses, resources, etc. for the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersexed and generally Queer Community
- For Students/Alumni with a Disability
- University of Minnesota Disability Services - Excellent set of links from the University of Minnesota's Career Center. These links offer information, from support groups to job resources in alphabetical order.
- HireDeaf.com - Allows hearing-impaired job-seeks to search current job postings. Includes a resume storage feature.