Career Development and Academic Advising
The mission of the Office of Career Development and Academic Advising is to empower students and alumni to achieve personal, academic and career fulfillment. We offer insightful professional guidance and progressive programs and services that promote growth, development and values clarification.
Our staff members are excited to assist you with all of your career development needs. We host many events throughout the year to give you the opportunity to network with graduate schools and employers. See the events calendar at right to view our upcoming events. If you would like to schedule an individual appointment with one of our career advisors, please call us at 386-822-7315 or come to our office in Flagler Hall room 100. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Graduate Assistant Positions
View open graduate assistant positions in Campus Life and Student Success (select the "Graduate Assistant Positions with Stetson University" section).
Internship Travel Fund
Career Development and Academic Advising is now accepting applications for the 2014 Internship Travel Fund. Applications are due by March 24, 2014 at 4 p.m.
2013 Internship Travel Fund Winners
Career Development and Academic Advising is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2013 Internship Travel Fund scholarship.
From left: Mark Marcus, Matthew Gerken, Maxwell Droznin, Jennifer Allenby, Amber Frato, Ryan Rinaldo, Lauren Couturier, Richard Goykin, Michael van Oppen
(Not pictured: Alayna Burton, Katherine Cabral, Victoria Guzek, Azshea Lambert
The primary purpose of Career Development and Academic Advising is to provide services for currently enrolled students. As time permits, individual career counseling is available for all recent graduates. If you live outside central Florida, you may contact us at email@example.com or 386-822-7315.
Alumni are Stetson University's most valuable resource for helping current students with career decision-making and job and internship searches. There is a variety of ways you can make a difference. Sharing your support and knowledge as a working professional and alum is a great way to give back and help current students.
Our partners in student success, faculty and staff, are critical to our work in Career Development and Academic Advising. To help us better serve our students, you may contact us to:
- Learn about or discuss ethical and legal standards in student hiring
- Request a Presentation or Workshop- If you will not be able to attend one of your classes, or your area has a special need, please contact us. We'll be glad to work with you to provide career seminars and workshops tailored to your students.
- Refer an employer- If you have personal or professional contacts who would be interested in serving as networking contacts, internship sponsors or potential Stetson University employers, please contact us so we can connect our students to these opportunities.
- Refer a student- If you know of a student who would benefit from career counseling or our other services, contact us and we'll be glad to provide assistance.
- Provide Internship Information-
View a list of upcoming events and then encourage your students to attend our programs.
Parents and family members often play influential roles in their children's career planning, and the advice they give is important. A Parent's Guide to Career Development, offers information about how to become constructively engaged in your student's career development. Feel free to contact us for more information.