Career and Professional Development
The Office of Career and Professional Development empowers students and alumni to achieve personal, academic and career fulfillment. We offer insightful professional guidance and progressive programs and services that promote growth, development and values clarification.
Our staff is excited to assist you with all of your career development needs. We host many events throughout the year to give you the opportunity to network with graduate schools and employers. See the Upcoming Events page for more information.
If you'd like to schedule an individual appointment with one of our career advisors, please call us at 386-822-7315 or come to our office in Flagler Hall room 100. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Office of Career and Professional Development provides services primarily to currently enrolled students. As time permits, individual career counseling is available for all recent graduates. If you live outside Central Florida, you may contact us at email@example.com or 386-822-7315.
Your Help is Needed!
Alumni are one of our most valuable resource for helping current students with career decision-making and job/internship searches. You can make a difference in many ways -- sharing your support and knowledge as a working professional and alum is a great way to give back and to help current students!
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-822-7315 to learn more.
Faculty and staff are critical to our work. To help us better serve our students, you may contact us to:
- Learn about or discuss ethical and legal standards in student hiring
- Request a Presentation or Workshop- If you won't be able to attend one of your classes, or your area has a special need, please contact us to set up a career seminar and/or workshop tailored to your students.
- Refer an employer- If you have personal or professional contacts who'd be interested in serving as networking contacts, internship sponsors or potential employers, please contact us so we can connect our students to these opportunities.
- If you know a student who'd benefit from career counseling or our other services, please refer them to us!
- Provide internship information-
- Encourage students to attend upcoming events
Parents and families often play influential roles in their children's career planning, and often provide valuable advice. Our guide for parents and families, A Parent's Guide to Career Development, offers information about how to become constructively engaged in your student's career development. Feel free to contact us for more information!