Withdrawing from Stetson University

The decision to withdraw from Stetson University isn't an easy one to make. It's our sincere hope that we are able to partner with you and retain you as a member of the Stetson University family. However, we trust that at this time withdrawing is the best decision for you.

The university's withdrawal procedures require that you complete the withdrawal form and that you participate in an online exit interview; you may also complete the exit interview with a member of the staff of the Office of the Vice Provost.

Important Note

The withdrawal process doesn't apply to students who wish to drop a course or courses.

Students have until the end of the first week of each semester to drop courses without financial penalty. Students may change their registration for most courses online, using the registration number provided by their faculty advisor. The exact dates for each term's add/drop period are published in the academic calendar. See the University Catalog for more information.

Steps in the Withdrawal Process

Step 1

Download the withdrawal form using the link below. Once you have filled out the first page, you'll need to bring a printed version of both pages to the Office of the Vice Provost - located in Carlton Union Building room 201, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. (the office is closed between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.) to initiate the withdrawal process. If you're taking a medical withdrawal, we need a letter from your medical provider supporting the medical basis for your decision to withdraw.

» Withdrawal Form (Summer 2016)

Step 2

After your withdrawal form has been processed by the Office of the Vice Provost with all necessary signatures, visit the link below to complete the exit interview. Please don't complete the exit interview until your withdrawal has been processed.

» Student Exit Interview

Step 3 (residential students only)

If you're a residential student, you must move out of your room within 48 hours of the date of your withdrawal from the university. You will continue to be charged for your room until you check out and return your key.

Please contact your resident assistant or the Office of Housing and Residential Life (located in the main office of University Hall -  reachable by phone at 386-822-7201) immediately to discuss the arrangements for your departure.