Certificate in Christian Studies
Deepen Your Knowledge of Christianity
Consider the energy and resources you have invested to gain knowledge in your professional field or other areas of interest. This non-credit certificate is an opportunity to devote that kind of academic rigor to your knowledge of the sacred texts and foundational teachings of Christianity.
The goal of this certificate program is to provide a solid understanding of Christianity's biblical texts, core theology, and spirituality.
Topics of Study
Track 1 - Biblical Studies and Theology
OT 100 Old Testament Survey (previous course)
NT 100 New Testament Survey (previous course)
CT 100 Christian Theology (previous course)
Track 2 - Interpretation and Spirituality
INT 200 Interpretation Methodology
- September 16 - November 11, 2015
SPR 200 Christian Spirituality
- December 2, 2015 - February 10, 2016
SPR 210 New Covenant Identity and Gifts
- February 24 - April 20, 2016
*Classes meet on Wednesdays 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Courses are nine weeks
- Each course consists of nine, 2-hour classes
- Weekly average of 3 hours of additional reading, group discussions, and writing.
The courses can be taken in any sequence, so you can enroll and begin any time of the year. Certification is granted upon completion of all three courses.
Dr. Bubbers is a Celebration resident and a popular instructor in the Lifelong Learning Program. She is an author, conference speaker, pastor of the local Celebration Anglican Fellowship, and Founding Dean of the ATLAS Theological Center. She has served in parish and campus settings and taught in the undergraduate and graduate education levels. Some of her many other credentials include:
- P.h.D. in Theology
- Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Formation
- Master of Divinity
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Ordained an Anglican priest in 1995
The cost per course is $300, which is a total of $900 for the entire program. This is a non-credit program, which means the tuition is more economical than a traditional degree.
Benefits of the Program
- Personal enrichment - Study scripture in a way that is more academically rigorous and systematic than what is available in local church settings, yet not as demanding as a Master's level seminary courses
- Leadership training - Pastors can incorporate this program into their process fro preparing church leaders for all sorts of ministries
- Clergy continuing education - Refresh and add study skills and knowledge
- Ordination desicernment - Thos who are considering a future in ordained ministry can take this program as a way to experience theological study close to home, before making bigger commitments to seminary programs
- Cohesion in the local Christian community - Study scripture together in an academic environment, get to know one another's traditions and customs, and enhance the bonds between Christian groups
To register, contact Midge McDaniel at 321.939.7619 or firstname.lastname@example.org