A Message from the Alumni Engagement President
As the Alumni Association President, I am pleased to highlight the wide variety of programs offered by your Stetson University Alumni Association and to invite you to become actively involved with the University. It is your involvement in the life of the university that allows Stetson to maintain its culture and tradition of educational excellence. Here are several ways you can help to strengthen your alma mater.
- Encourage high school students you know to consider Stetson in their college search and promote Stetson to friends and business associates as opportunities arise.
- Share your knowledge as a working professional and help current students by letting the Career Services office know if your business or place of employment has internships or job opportunities for current students or recent graduates. Alumni are Stetson's most valuable resource for helping current students with career decision-making, job and internship searches.
- Make an annual gift to Stetson. At the same time you are helping today's students, you are also helping to increase alumni gift participation. The rate of participation by alumni benefits the University by increasing rankings in national publications and by increasing the likelihood of receiving grants from corporations and foundations. Even the smallest gift has a benefit beyond the dollars contributed.
- Attend Homecoming and alumni events in your area.
- Explore the Alumni Association Web site for the latest news about alumni events, programs, and services. Within the Web site, Hatternet--our Alumni Association information exchange site--allows you to update your news and your personal profile, to communicate with fellow alumni, and to access all Alumni Association services, requests, and programs through a single log-in.
These are exciting times at Stetson University under the leadership of Stetson President Wendy B. Libby. Dr. Libby will be leading Stetson to the next level of excellence and national recognition. Academic excellence will continue to be the strategic focal point while work is done to enhance the physical presence of the university and to ensure that campus life meets the needs and interests of today's students.
Stetson remains a very special place and is worthy of your continued interest and commitment. I hope you will continue to give of your time and resources because of the lasting impact Stetson has had on your life. Please stay in touch and come for a campus visit. You can witness for yourself the positive momentum generated through the leadership of President Libby, Stetson's distinguished faculty, and the amazing students at Stetson today. If I can ever be of assistance to you, feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kathy Linehan Graf '76
Stetson University Alumni Association