Resources for Faculty
The ASC strives to work in collaboration with faculty and staff in order to best serve students. One of our responsibilities is to educate faculty and staff about who we are and the students we serve. Below is a link to download our faculty guide, which we created as a reference for faculty concerning our policies and how faculty can participate in making Stetson University a welcoming and accessible environment for all students. Also for your reference are pages describing types of disabilities students may have and teaching strategies.
- Access Text
- Beyond Affliction: The Disability History Project
- Center for Applied Special Technology
- Fast Facts for Faculty(The Ohio State University)
- Hidden/Invisible Disabilities (Center on Disability Services)
- National Center for Universal Design for Learning
- Strategies for Working with Students with Disabilities (University of Washington)
- Students with Disabilities in the Classroom (The George Washington University)
- The Center for Universal Design in Education
- Tips for Effective Communication 1 (Hofstra/ Saint Louis University)
- Tips for Effective Communication 2 (Hofstra/ Saint Louis University)
Important Forms and Documents
Please see the Faculty Guide for information about the ASC Test Proctoring Policy. Below is the cover sheet that must be submitted with all exams proctored by the ASC.