For Newly Hired Faculty
Welcome to Stetson University
Note: The information below is intended for newly hired faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business Administration and the School of Music. New faculty at the College of Law will be provided with similar information from the College of Law.
Make sure your academic file is complete. It must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcripts
- Reference letters
- Signed appointment agreement
When You Arrive on Campus
Your first stop after arriving on campus should be the Office of Human Resources, which is located in Allen House (the white house next to Allen Hall on Woodland Boulevard). At Human Resources, you will complete the required employment documentation; at this time, you must also provide proof of your eligibility for employment in the form of your Social Security card, a valid photo ID, or other acceptable documentation as defined by the IRS.
The staff at the Office of Human Resources will assist you with completing any required benefits paperwork, and will also provide you with your employee ID number (commonly referred to as your "800" number). Next, visit the following offices:
- Hatter Card office to obtain your faculty ID. This office is located in the Commons, which is in the Carlton Union Building.
- Public Safety to obtain your parking decal. This office is located in the house at the corner of Amelia and Michigan Avenues.
- Information Technology to obtain your email address. This office is located in the basement of the Lynn Business Center.
After completing these steps, please advise Academic Affairs of your email address. You should begin checking your email immediately and regularly as the university considers email an official form of communication.
Next, work with your department's administrative assistant to obtain access to physical and online resources, including:
- My Stetson (my.stetson.edu)
- Keys for your building and office space
- Audio-visual equipment and support (Learning Technologies)
- Access to campus mail
- Hollis Center - access to pool, exercise rooms, etc.
Order a cap and gown for Commencement ceremonies in May (not required for adjuncts). Academic regalia can be ordered through the Bookstore, which may be reached at 386-822-7160. Note: Ordering academic regalia for purchase can take up to 45 days, and rentals need to be ordered with lead time as well. The Bookstore does not keep academic regalia in stock.
As You Settle In
Information specifically for all university faculty, including faculty meeting schedules, professional development opportunities, tenure and promotion information, and university governance, can be found on the faculty website and the Academic Affairs website.
Faculty should consult with their respective academic dean's office for information that is specific to the faculty in their college or school.
- Academic Success Center
- duPont-Ball Library
- duPont-Ball Library - Information for new faculty
- Office of the Registrar
- Stetson University Faculty - the faculty website
- Stetson University Honor System
- Student Success
- University Policies and Procedures
If don't find what you are looking for and you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Academic Affairs, your department chair or your department's administrative assistant.